- A deadly monster with a terrifying appearance bonds with a small child and protects the small child with its life.
- An injured hero comes upon a monster, or a hero comes upon an injured monster, and they have a Moment where they understand each other.
- Giant vicious-looking monsters that answer to names you would give a pet dog.
- A character rescues or spares the life of a wounded or infant monster; later, the fully-grown/recovered creature returns the favor.
- A monster is only behaving aggressively to defend its young; the heroes realize this and make piece with the creature before leaving it be.
- Similarly, a monster is only behaving aggressively because it is displaced and frightened; the heroes realize this, and help it to return home.
- The horrifying eldritch creature that has been stalking the heroes turns out to be wholly benevolent, and its previously menacing behavior is revealed to be its attempts to protect them from something far deadlier.
BENEVOLENT MONSTERS!!!! BENIGN MONSTERS!!!! MONSTERS YOU DON’T HAVE TO FIGHT!!!