Skip to the content
- It doesn’t go away.
- It will creep up on you when you least expect it. It’ll be years later and you’ll see, hear, or smell something that crushes you.
- You’ll remember the good times. Eventually.
- Everyone experiences grief, but no one experiences it the same way.
- The five stages of grief are bullshit. Or, at the very least, not linear. You will fall back to different stages at different times.
- You’ll never be the person you were before you lost them. Sometimes you’ll hate the person you are. Sometimes you’ll hate that they’re not with you to see who you are now.
- You’ll find strength in you that you didn’t know you had.
- It doesn’t get better, but you learn how to carry it.